Some of my Amsterdam itinerary for a two and a half day stay...
Lodging: StayOkay Amsterdam Zeeburg - very clean, safe, and conveniently located hostel
My favorite neighborhood in the city was Jordaan. Here, you will find the area known as “9 Streets” which had some of the best vintage and antique shopping ever. This neck of the woods is so quaint and full of creativity!
Notable activities and locations to visit:
- Anne Frank House - a must-see, regardless of the long wait to get in
- Begijnhof - one of the oldest inner courts in the city of Amsterdam, dating back to the Middle Ages
- Museumplein - home of the I Amsterdam sign, and many museums
- Dam Square - a town square, and the capital of the Netherlands
- Rembrandtplein - a major square which was named after the painter Rembrandt, who owned a house nearby in the 1600s
- De Wallen - the Red Light District, an area of streets containing rented by sex workers who offer services from behind a window
Canal Cruise - one of the best ways to see the city is from within the beautiful canals!